Basingstoke College of Technology
Tel: +44 (0)1256 306237
Increase your employability, confidence and career prospects with AAT Access – the short qualification that leads to long-lasting business and finance skills.
AAT Access gives you a comprehensive understanding to work within the finance and accountancy profession. Gaining the AAT Access qualification provides the gateway to work in small local firms to large, multinational companies.
Would suit people wishing to change career or who have never worked in an office or accounting environment or where English is their second language.
AAT Access shows employers that you possess the professional expertise they're looking for. Covering core accounting and finance areas, successful completion of the qualification will help you to develop your skills across the following four units.
Accounting in a professional environment
• Understand how efficient working practices and personal development help both you and the businesses that you work for to succeed
• Appreciate how the legal framework and ethical behaviour affect the way a business is run
Mathematics for accounting
• Build and develop skills across a range of basic mathematical functions using financial data
• Recognise basic mathematical concepts and apply them to a range of numerical skills required by financial professionals
Creating business documents
• Recognise documents used within the accountancy function and other areas of business
• Comprehend the importance of good quality communications, including knowledge of formal and informal written communications
• Identify different types of business documents and understand why it is important to choose the right style for internal and external communications
Essential accounting procedures
• Apply basic accounting terminology to business documents and procedures
• Understand the principles of single entry accounting systems, including preparing to record business transactions in the books of prime entry
• Identify various types of coding and batch control
• Prepare documents to process receipts and payments
• Draw up a basic profit statement
Reasonable level of English and Maths skills.
Completion of this qualification may lead to acceptance on to the Level 2 Accounting Certificate.
|Tuition||Registration fees||Exam Fees||Equipment Charge|
|£238||Direct to AAT approx £32||£27||-|